VAT in the Digital Age:
Single EU VAT registration roundtable
As the European Commission develops its VAT in the Digital Age legislative agenda, EuroCommerce and Ecommerce Europe invite interested parties to a roundtable on the Single EU VAT Registration concept. Join us in person or virtually on 1 June to be part of the discussion with policymakers and businesses.
We will cover:
- The broader context of the EU’s VAT in the Digital Age initiative including lessons learned from the 2021 Ecommerce Package
- The multifaceted benefits of a Single EU VAT Registration
- Which use cases single EU VAT Registration needs to address to be effective for EU businesses
- The challenges to achieving the reform and how they can be addressed
- Opening remarks from Chair
- Keynote address by Ludwig De Winter
Mr De Winter, Deputy Head of VAT Unit, European Commission, will provide an update on the European Commission's progress with its VAT in the Digital Age initiative, focusing in on the place of Single EU VAT registration within the wider program, which includes digital reporting and VAT rules for the platform economy.
- Panel discussion, including audience Q&A
The panel will discuss the pain points in the current VAT system and how they see a single EU VAT registration will help. Audience members will also have an opportunity to put their own questions to the panel.
- Networking reception with drinks and canapés
Please join us after the event for refreshments and a chance to continue the discussion with other participants.